Homemade Herdy For Mum
What could be nicer than treating mum to some special Herdy shortbread and a brew for Mother’s Day. Here’s how;
You will need
Herdy Cookie Cutter Set, non stick baking tray.
• 250g/9oz unsalted butter (at room temperature)
• 125g/ 4 ½ oz caster sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
• 250g/9oz plain flour (plus extra for rolling out)
• 125g/ 4 ½ oz cornflour
• Makes approx. 8 large herdy cookies, 12 small herdy cookies.
1. Cream together butter and caster sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy
2. Sift in flour and cornflour and mix gently with a wooden spoon, then your hands to create a smooth dough.
3. Dust your work surface with flour and roll out dough to approx 8mm thick - best to use guides for this to ensure even thickness.
4. Cut out shortbread with the Herdy cookie cutter, taking care to press down all areas of the cutter. Dip the cutter in flour inbetween cuts, to prevent sticking.
5. Transfer to a non stick baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 150 degrees centigrade, 300 degrees farenheight, gas mark 2.
7. When baked, sprinkle immediately with caster sugar.
8. Allow to cool a little before transferring to a wire rack.
9. Let mum put her feet up and enjoy!