How To: Herdy Christmas Cards
Who doesn’t love a wonderfully gaudy Christmas jumper? Well apparently lots of ewe do, given the popularity of our Herdy Yan Christmas Jumper Gingerbread tutorial! So, for those who are less into baking and more into your crafts and Christmas Card DIY, we’ve created some Herdy “Christmas Jumper” cards for you to make. Your la’al ‘uns will be breaking up for the holidays very soon so this is a great little Christmas Card making kit for the whole family to try!
You can come up with your own designs too, so do get in touch to show us your lovely Christmas Jumper cards.
What you will need to make Herdy Christmas Jumper cards
- A4 coloured card
- Coloured paints
- Paint brushes
- Herdy Yan cutting templates
- Glue stick
- Bottle of glue, ideally with nozzle
- Glitter Sequins or decorations
How to make Herdy Christmas Jumper cards
1. Print off some Herdy ‘Yan’ characters and paint their bodies with coloured paint. You could also use coloured pens, pencils, or crayons if you prefer.
2. With scissors (maybe ask a grown up to help!) cut out the Herdy characters.
3. Take your coloured card and fold in half to form the card shape.
4. With a glue stick, glue the Herdy character to the front of your card.
5. With the glue bottle, use the nozzle to make the shapes you would like onto the body then cover with glitter as shown.
6. Take a spare piece of card and tap off the excess glitter. You can tip this excess back into the glitter pot.
7. Put some more dots of glue on the character to stick on some sequins or decorations.
8. With a small brush add some dots or shapes of colour.
9. As shown you can then use different colours of glitter or paint to customise your jumpers.
So get creative and make up your own Herdy Christmas jumper designs!