Christmas cakes are all well and good, and we’ve got a fabulous Christmas cake icing idea in Herdyworld, but sometimes there’s nothing quite like that warming, cosy, and sweet deliciousness that Christmas gingerbread provides.
1. Melt the butter, sugar, and syrup in a pan until all the ingredients come together
2. Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the melted ingredients and mix together well until it forms a ball
3. When cool enough to handle, roll out (to 8mm thick) the mixture on a floured surface and use the Herdy Cookie Cutter as a gingerbread cutter to make biscuits
4. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 160°C.
5. When baked, allow to cool on a baking rack
6. Enjoy your Herdy Yan Christmas gingerbread plain if you want the ultimate gingerbread to dunk in your tea or coffee (remember: you need a proper fine bone china mug for that). Or…
7. Additionally, you can decorate your Herdy Yan Christmas gingerbread for a Christmassy treat! We used a Dr Oetker white chocolate pen to stick Asda snow sprinkles to Herdy’s body, creating a jazzy “Christmas Jumper” effect!
8. Share and enjoy!
Send us photos of your Christmas gingerbread with the hashtag #HerdyGingerbread; we know there’s some seriously talented bakers out there! Join the flock on our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, or email us.