Mother's Day Gingerbread Treats: How To Make
Mother's Day is on the horizon, so why not make some Mother's Day treats in the form of some delicious Herdy "Yan" gingerbread with love hearts on them? Warm, comforting, deliciously sweet, and a smiling Herdy face is guaranteed to make mum smile this Mother's Day.
Don't forget to accompany these with a good brew in her favourite
. Herdy mug
Doing this gingerbread "Yan" Herdy recipe makes about 12 large gingerbread Herdys. Ready?
What you need to make Herdy Mother's Day gingerbread treats
How to make Mother's Day gingerbread treats
1. Put the butter, sugar, and syrup in a pan and melt them until they all come together in one homogenous mixture.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly together until properly combined. Then add in the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and thoroughly stir well until it forms a ball.
3. When the "dough" is cool enough to handle, roll it out to around 8mm thick on a floured surface and use the
as a gingerbread cutter to make Herdy Yan biscuits. Herdy Cookie Cutter
4. Transfer the gingerbread Herdys onto a baking sheet and bake them at 160°C for 15 minutes.
5. When they're finished baking, make sure to allow them to fully cool on a baking rack.
6. When the gingerbread have cooled, it’s time to decorate! Roll out the
to approximately 3mm thick (use a sprinkling of icing sugar on your work surface to prevent the icing from sticking). icing
the required number of love hearts, brush the back of the heart with a little water and fix in position. Cut out
8. Pack in a food-safe cello bag and decorate with a ribbon.
9. Proudly present to mum with a freshly made brew (in a
, of course). Herdy mug
How will ewe treat mum?
Do ewe like to bake or cook delicious goodies for mum? Let us know what you do in the comments below, or join the flock on our
, Facebook , or Twitter , or Instagram . email us Products mentioned in this how-to
Related Herdy World Posts