How To Make Mother's Day Flowers
What better way to make Mother's Day extra special for your mum than by giving her some totally ewe-nique flowers!
You will need:
- bamboo skewers
- coloured card
- double sided tape or glue
- our free paper flowers template.
Paper flower instructions
1. Cut around the outer line of the larger flower shape
2. Place some small tabs of double-sided tape as shown to create a formed flower.
3. Cut around the outer line of the smaller flower shape.
4. Place some small tabs of double-sided tape as shown to create a formed flower.
5. Cut around the long rectangle and apply double-sided tape, then affix to the end of the bamboo skewer as illustrated.
7. Thread the smaller flower onto the skewer.
8. Thread the larger flower onto the skewer also.
9. Cut around the outer line of the leaf shape and thread onto the skewer.
10. Use a piece of double-sided tape to keep the leaf shape in place.
11. Cut around the outer line of the second long rectangle and apply double sided tape.
12. Fix to the underside of the flower on the skewer as illustrated.
13. Your paper flower is complete!
14. Make more flowers using our herdy colours and present them in one of our herdy planters to create the perfect gift for Mother's Day.
How to make pom pom flowers
You will need:
- bamboo skewers.
- pom pom makers.
- green card.
- double sided tape or glue.
1. Using a pom pom maker, create a pom pom to form the flower head. Illustrated here in blue herdy yarn as an example. Trim off any excess wool.
2. Place a piece of double-sided tape or some glue on the end of a bamboo skewer.
3. Thread the pom pom onto the bamboo skewer and fix in place.
4. Cut around the outer line of the leaf shape.
5. Place a piece of double-sided tape or glue on the base of the leaf shape.
6. Fold around the leaf shape as illustrated. (if using glue use a peg to keep in place until it's dried).
7. Your pom pom flower is complete!
Why not make one in each herdy yarn colour to make a Mother's Day bouquet for your special mum.